By Robert Jensen
Read or Download [Article] The Digital Provide: Information (Technology), Market Performance, and Welfare in the South Indian Fisheries Sector PDF
Best south books
Whilst nature exudes in a swamp in Louisiana it's wealthy, tropical, juicy, darkish, verminy, repellant and gorgeous all in one," wrote Catharine Cole in 1889. "It is sort of a coffin topped with flora; a dying seize baited with roses. " Writing less than the pseudonym Catharine Cole, Martha R. box (1855-1898) turned the 1st full-time newswoman for the hot Orleans day-by-day Picayune in 1881.
“Submissiveness isn't really my function, yet definite platitudes on definite events are one of the blameless deceits of the intercourse. ” A powerful personality with a fervent trust in woman's altering position, Lucy Holcombe Pickens (1832-1899) used to be now not content material to reside the lifetime of a regular nineteenth-century Southern belle.
Within the first statewide guidebook of its type, Farm clean North Carolina takes readers on a full of life travel of greater than 425 farms, produce stands, farmers' markets, wineries, children-friendly pumpkin patches and corn mazes, pick-your-own orchards, eating places, mattress and breakfasts, agricultural fairs, and extra, all open to the general public and individually vetted through go back and forth author Diane Daniel.
Southern barbeque and barbeque traditions are the first concentration of Cornbread country 2, our moment number of the easiest of Southern meals writing. "Barbecue is the nearest factor we have now within the usa to Europe's wines or cheeses; force 100 miles and the barbeque changes," writes John Shelton Reed.
- The South Sea islanders and the Queensland labour trade
- Alabama Off the Beaten Path®. A Guide to Unique Places
- Multilingual Information Access in South Asian Languages: Second International Workshop, FIRE 2010, Gandhinagar, India, February 19-21, 2010 and Third International Workshop, FIRE 2011, Bombay, India, December 2-4, 2011, Revised Selected Papers
- Quality of Life in South Africa
Extra resources for [Article] The Digital Provide: Information (Technology), Market Performance, and Welfare in the South Indian Fisheries Sector
21) (7) Consumer price The data in columns (1)–(6) are from the Kerala Fisherman Survey conducted by the author. Column (7) is from the annual household surveys conducted by the author. The table reports the estimated effects of mobile phone use on market outcomes separately for each of the three regions using the combinations of coefficients listed in small type, based on the full regression results in columns (4)–(9) in the Table X. Standard errors, clustered at the village level, in parentheses.
Turning to consumers, we begin by examining the change in consumer retail price. As part of this study we conducted weekly market price surveys on the same days as the fishing unit survey at the same fifteen inland, nonfishing towns used for the household survey described earlier. For this survey, enumerators gathered data on prices for various food items, including sardines, at retail shops. 39 Rs/kg reduction in price, which is just under 4 percent relative to the base of about 11 Rs/kg; Table IX shows the effect is similar across the three regions.
If the degree of risk aversion varied across markets, or if such “insurance pricing” pushes prices towards the extremes, it could affect price dispersion. Mobile phones might therefore reduce dispersion simply by reducing uncertainty by allowing buyers and sellers to call and learn about the catch early in the day, minimizing the need for such pricing behavior. As earlier, we can rule out the hypothesis that all of the changes in price dispersion are attributable to changes in insurance pricing since we would then not observe arbitrage as in Table II.
[Article] The Digital Provide: Information (Technology), Market Performance, and Welfare in the South Indian Fisheries Sector by Robert Jensen