By Hans Bennis, Pierre Pica & Johan Rooryck (ed.)
Read Online or Download Atomism and Binding PDF
Best nonfiction_3 books
Plutarch (Plutarchus), ca. 45–120 CE, used to be born at Chaeronea in Boeotia in principal Greece, studied philosophy at Athens, and, after coming to Rome as a instructor in philosophy, used to be given consular rank via the emperor Trajan and a procuratorship in Greece via Hadrian. He used to be married and the daddy of 1 daughter and 4 sons.
Effortless, effortless to learn and hugely useful, tips on how to care for pressure exhibits how you can deal with pressure frivolously and successfully, placing the reader again accountable of his or her life. Written by means of specialists within the box of tension administration, the e-book indicates how you can establish the underlying motives of stress and tips to set out a transparent plan to control either the reasons of rigidity and their results.
The confirmed, expert Resume and task seek consultant for Executives within the 100K and Above wage RangeThis new, elevated variation of a vintage bestseller vitamins veteran profession consultant William Montag's years of expertise with the strong on-line assets of CareerJournal. com, The Wall road Journal's personal occupation site.
- Rutland Place: A Charlotte and Thomas Pitt Novel (Mortalis)
- Osprey Combat Aircraft 036 - B-17 Flying Fortress Units of the Eighth Air Force (2)
- Coarticulation and the Structure of the Lexicon
- The Evolutionary emergence of language
Additional info for Atomism and Binding
B): A = B a b c d 2 Noncoref(A. B): A ;t B Disjoint(A. B): A f"'I B = 0 Partial-Overlap(A, B): (A f"'I B ;t 0) A (A ;t B) I n the case of singular NPs. their denotata will thus be singletons; cf. also footnote 1 4 . Since we are not concerned here with presenting a compositional translation from syntactic representation to semantic interpretation. treating referential NPs as denoting sets of individuals is most convenient for our purposes. SPLIT ANTECEDENTS. NONCOREFERENCE. AND DRT 3 The following examples illustrate each of these relations in tum, obtaining in each case between the italicized NPs: ( 2) ( 3) a Mary believes John is proud of her.
OUf analysis can be viewed as one way of working out the hypothesis stated by Chomsky (1993:43 [ 1 995: 2 1 1]) that "binding conditions hold only at the LF interface," taking DRT to be the theory of this interface. 1 Lasnik's theory of referential relations The starting point for Lasnik's theory of anaphoric relations is the behavior of referential NPs and the kinds of relations they enter into. He addresses two questions: (i) what referential relations can, must, and cannot obtain between two or more NPs in a single sentence; and (ii) what theoretical vocabulary is necessary to account for the answer to question (i).
4) a Mary is proud of them. b The students are proud of her. (5 ) a Mary believes John is proud of them. b The students believe John is proud of them. Concerning question (i). according to Lasnik noncoreference must-and hence coreference cannot-obtain in (3). while disjoint reference must-and hence partially overlapping reference cannot-obtain in (4). g. Chomsky 1 98 1 . 1986 for detailed discussion). In addition, the obligatoriness holds only if the antecedent c-conunands the pronoun; thus in the following examples, noncoreference and disjoint reference are not required.
Atomism and Binding by Hans Bennis, Pierre Pica & Johan Rooryck (ed.)