By Tom Robinson
Detect how math applies to the car racing international, from the gap round the tune to the calculation of drivers' stats.
Read Online or Download Auto Racing. Math at the Racetrack PDF
Similar children's ebooks books
Dem tödlichen Anschlag von Isabel Kabra nur knapp entronnen, stoßen Dan und Amy in Südafrika auf die nächste heiße Spur: Eine mysteriöse Postkarte, die Zulukönig Shaka zeigt, führt sie direkt . .. ins Hauptquartier der Tomas’! In letzter Sekunde gelingt den Geschwistern die Flucht nach Madagaskar, ins ehemalige Haus ihrer Großmutter.
Herb was once bored. Herb was once blue. Then—Poof! —along got here a Verb Fairy who influenced him with a magic sack choked with hundreds and hundreds of remarkable motion phrases! This super-funny Grammar stories tale makes a speciality of verbs, and is designed to assist teenagers clutch the fundamental principles of utilization and mechanics. Who says grammar isn't any giggling demeanour?
- Our Little Roman Cousin of Long Ago
- Eyes and No Eyes 4 Birds of the Air
- Streams in the Desert for Kids. 366 Devotions to Bring Comfort
- Shabbat Shalom, Hey!
- Shared Creations. Making Use of Creative Commons
- The Creed Explained
Additional resources for Auto Racing. Math at the Racetrack
At an average of 3 mpg, how many fewer miles can an IndyCar go on a full tank of gas? 2. Tony Stewart’s crew figures that he gets 4 mpg while racing. He gets 17 mpg while driving under a caution flag. 75 gallons. How much fuel does he have left after 30 miles of racing and 10 miles under a caution flag? 3. 77 mph in a race. 43 mph. How many mph faster was Massey than Brown? 4. Ryan Newman averaged 142 mph for the first two hours of a 500mile race. How many miles does he have left? 5. A race was reduced from 500 miles to 400 miles for 2012.
4. Ryan Newman averaged 142 mph for the first two hours of a 500mile race. How many miles does he have left? 5. A race was reduced from 500 miles to 400 miles for 2012. 5 miles long. A. How many laps were run in the 2012 race? B. How many laps fewer was that from previous seasons? 28 Answer Key 1. 5 miles 2. 66 gallons Ryan Newman leads at the NASCAR CocaCola 600 at Charlotte Motorspeedway on May 27, 2012. 3. 34 miles faster 4. 142 x 2 = 248 500 – 248 = 252 miles 5A. 5 miles per lap = 200 5B. 5 200 - 160 = 40 miles fewer 29 Glossary average (AV-uh-rij): An average is found by adding up a group of figures and then dividing the total by the number of figures added.
The backstretch at Daytona International Speedway is 3,000 feet. denominator (di-NOM-uh-nay-tur): In fractions, the denominator is the number under the line that shows how many equal parts the whole number can be divided into. The denominator is the number at the bottom of a fraction. frontstretch (FRUNT-strech): The frontstretch is the part of a racetrack where the start/finish line is located. The frontstretch of Daytona International Speedway is 3,800 feet. intermediate (in-tur-MEE-dee-it): An intermediate racetrack is longer than 1 mile and up to 2 miles long.
Auto Racing. Math at the Racetrack by Tom Robinson